Information is available at least 3 weeks prior to selections in the following ways:
- information is posted on the board at the Boroondara Netball Centre
- information and application forms are posted on the website
- club secretaries / team managers are each notified by email
- current players receive application forms by email
- some players are "identified" on Saturdays and personally invited to attend.
- submit a Player Profile form by the due date
- attend selections
- ALL players must play with a BNA Saturday netball team, umpire, coach or have been in the Boroondara Power Talent pathway
Panel of selectors elected by selection coordinator
- Selection panel's decision is FINAL
- Accept that the group decision may differ from individual selectors' and past coaches views
- Strict adherence to Boroondara Netball Association policies and procedures
- Declare conflicts of interest
- Confidentiality: Do not discuss decisions, conversations regarding selections / players
- Hand over all notes at the conclusion of selections
4. New Players' Screening:
- assessment of all new players looking particularly at hand-eye coordination, elevation and speed, agility on the court
- some are invited back to the Selection Trials with current players
- selectors may also screen players at the courts on Saturdays.
5. Current Players' Coaches reports:
Written by each coach about each player in current squad. Includes:
- Attitude & commitment
- Attendance at training and matches
- Group dynamics
6. Selection Trials:
Performance "that day" only
- each selector on panel writes notes on each player
- Each selector on panel selects teams independently based on selection performance only.
- Lists given to selection co-ordinator after selections for collating
7. Injured / Unavailable Players:
- To submit explanation and medical certification (where appropriate)
- To attend selections where possible
8. Commitment: Other commitments during season to be declared ie) MLC Marshmead
9 Collation: of all information by selection coordinator to finalise team lists
10. Coaches: selected
What are we looking for?
- Body type ie) height, athleticism, strength etc
- Foundation skills: ball handling, footwork, specialist skills
- Fitness: speed, change of direction, strength & power
- Mental skills: recovery from mistakes, ability to re-focus, accountable, leadership qualities, ability to create change, works as a member of a unit
- Decision making skills
- Intensity / work ethic
- Team balance: Are the best individual players the best combination within the team?
- Style of play: Need different styles of players so there is the option to change the style of play in a match ie) attacking vs defending midcourt; long vs close shooter; impact players
- All queries to be in writing to the Association; no verbal discussions
- Players may request written feedback on their individual selection performance / coaches reports if they have been successful to the FINAL round of trials. This request must be in writing to the selection coordinator. The response will be a written summary of information available.