- Boroondara Netball Centre, Macleay Park, Nth Balwyn
- Friday afternoons, 4.00 - 4.45pm
- 2 x 11 week programs: terms 2/3 and 3/4
|Program 1||Term 2/3||
April 27 - August 3
No sessions school hols June 29, July 6, 13
No session long weekend June 8
|Program 2||Term 3/4||
August 10 - November 23
No sessions school hols Sept 14, 21, 28, Oct 5
No session long weekend November 2
- Players register INDIVIDUALLY for Junior Net G2 ie) not in teams
- Players may participate in both programs if they wish but they need to register separately for each
- Cost: $125 for 1st program and $95 if registering for the 2nd (as you will already have the ball & shirt)
- PARENTS who are interested in coaching, please click on JuniorNet Coaching.
To register: click here
Please note that this is a very popular program and we are limited by court space and coach availablity. Therefore, it is strongly advised that registration forms are returned promptly. Only those who have returned their registration form and payment will be accepted and registrations will close when full. Others will be placed on a waiting list for inclusion in the program if a place becomes available. It is inappropriate to arrive at the courts with a child expecting to play without being registered as this is distressing for the child (and us).
Information about the Grade 2 program:
Our JuniorNet G2 program is a junior development program which is based on the Netball Australia NetSetGo! Tier 1 "NET" program. It focuses on fundamental motor skills and has been designed to introduce young children to organised sport.
It comprises a play based motor skills program for children in school year 2. The emphasis is on the acquisition of basic motor skills, in a fun environment of games and activities appropriate to the age and abilities of children in Year 2. Refinement of netball specific skills and their application to the game will be introduced when they reach the next stage of netball in Year 3.
The guidelines of the G2 program are:
- Children join the program as individuals, not in teams.
- Players are arranged into groups with 2-3 coaches / group.
- Coaches are generally secondary school netballers / Boroondara Power representative team players who are also learning the skills of coaching.
- Each session is divided into 3 parts: warm up, motor skills and a mini game.
- Modified equipment is used
- Children rotate around different stations doing different games and activities.
- This program does NOT involve netball matches. There is no organised competition structure.